'welcome to my parlor' said the spider to the fly...

Friday, October 09, 2009

Wow. What a month. Before I started to type this post, I had a squizz at the previous post and it’s really amazing how life can go from ‘normal’ and ‘sane’ to ‘madness’ and ‘insane’ in a few days. I feel like I’ve been captured by an alien space-craft and dropped off on the other side of the universe. Nuts I tell ya. Enough abstract blabbing – let me tell you dear ones what transpires in the state of Gauteng.

I’ve just returned from the airport after a fairly emotional farewell to a dear friend. Laxi finally received his visa and landed in South Africa on the 17th of September. It was a wonderful visit and I can only bow with thanks and gratitude to the universe for manifesting this long-long-overdue dream. Aside from the regular touristy stuff, L was just happy to get out of the little village of Mysore and into some ‘westernised society’. BRING ON THE PASTA!! Unfortunately, he missed his flight to Abidjan on the 2nd of October and so had to re-book for the next flight… Friday the 9th of October! In the meanwhile, any traveller’s worst nightmare happened. He fell sick. With a fever of over 40 for almost 3 days, I made a judgement call and on Monday, dragged his bum to hospital. He stayed in hospital for 2 days! Can you believe it! Apparently, an acute infection had taken over his system and decided to go AWOL at the most inappropriate time. But it has to have a happy ending – somewhat, and so, today, Friday the 9th of October, I tearfully bid an almost-ok Laxi good-bye. Not easy. I could see that he was not 100% ok, and yet I still let him go. What else to do in that situation? I think when you’re that ill, the best medicine is your family. I've never felt so inadequate in my life.

That being said, I feel incredibly peaceful and ok with how things have turned out. I am so blessed to have so many people who love me and support me that I have no choice but to succeed!! Laxi’s visit has taught me to balance the voice of reason and the song my heart sings. It’s an ongoing lesson and one that I will learn to learn! Step by step, moment by moment. But it’s a lesson that has given me the gift of my family. I can’t begin to explain how close we (Ba, Bapu and myself) have become. Our relationship has just mach 3’ed to a new level.

Aaah. Deep breath.

This weekend, I’ve managed to involve myself – however stupidly, in a Diwali show for the Gujerati School in Benoni. It’s not so much the helping out that I’m kicking myself about – it’s the dancing. I’m dancing in the finale with a few other ladies. I just don’t know what possessed me to agree! Aside from the time to attend practice sessions, I just don’t have the energy to pull this one off. And that too, while Laxi was here – and sick! Saturday is going to be an amazing test of my um… dance aptitude!!

That’s it from me for now…

Adieu…
Share:

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © chocolate filled, sugar coated, chillie flavoured bon-bons | Powered by Blogger

Design by ThemePacific | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20