'welcome to my parlor' said the spider to the fly...

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Post Laxi, I haven’t been able to do much. I’ve been pretty much a vegetable. That, coupled with loads of work – super boring work, diwali prep, family family family have left me exhausted and downright zombiefied. Small wonder I manage to drive to work in the morning. Speaking of which, the most fantastic thing happened this morning. I was (happily) ‘harassed’ by an Italian diplomat. What a treat! Having cut infront of me in traffic, I gesticulated wildly at the white jetta (with the diplomatic number-plate) with elaborate facial expressions in my oh-so-yogi way. Little did I know that the fellow was looking at me (in his rear mirror) and then apologised rather timidly. That set off a whole chain of rather comic events which involved him nearly missing a head-on-collision twice simply ‘cause his eyes were glued to the rear-mirror. What hilarity yaar! At the robot where we stopped, he proceeded to coax me into lowering my window which I did… not do! The robot turned green with yogi driving off into the dusty construction zone, leaving the gawping diplomat to his stalled vehicle. I haven’t felt so sexy in a long time. A long long time. In so many ways, my encounter with the Italian has been life-giving, it’s breathing spunk back into me – reminding me that I’ve still got punch in me. Lets call it a diplomatic confidence booster shall we? ;) To me, today’s experience was not so much about ‘me’ as it was about ‘there is a God’. No seriously. I had a pretty late night, rolled out of bed super late and stumbled into the car super later. I felt like pooh and all I wanted to do was abscond to a small little dark hole labelled ‘yogi’. And out of nowhere, an angel crossed my path and reminded me of my spunk. Now if that’s not a big booming voice from the sky, I don’t know what is. What do you think?

On the work front I’m ready to pull my eye-balls out. DEAD. That’s all. I’m going to have to change this mind-set fast or I’ll be in trouble. I’ve been late for work every day this week (and most of last too) and it’s not only because of traffic, I just can’t get out of the house in the morning and find myself procrastinating at every turn. Oof. The new year might bring a contract-renewal if the funds become available, but if I don’t find a way around the bordom – I’ve got one tough task on my hands till the end of Nov. That being said, the Uni atmosphere is electric. Some time ago, I had an argument with Ba and I just couldn’t focus on my work. I took a walk around campus (oo – remind me to tell you about the Jacaranda trees!), I did a bit of stretching - nothing doing. And then, in an epiphany, I went to the library and walked through the isles. That’s all. Just walked. I can’t tell you how soothing that was. Yeah – nerd – I know!! But this is just between you and me right?

The beautiful Jacaranda blossoms are almost all but gone. Pretoria is bathed in the most luxurious shade of purple and the ground is covered in a velvety carpet of purple blossoms. It’s really a sight to behold. As I come up the crest on Rigel Ave I get a picturesque view of the Union Buildings (our Administrative Hot-house) framed in an unmistakeable shade of purple. Everyday I curse myself for forgetting my camera at home, and the one day I do remember, it happens to be the cloudiest days. I have an idea - lets ditch the camera, let me paint a picture for you. Now close your eyes. Take a deep breath. Feel the rough, dark bark of the Jacaranda tree against your palms. Now tilt your head towards the heavens and open your eyes. Against the lucid blue of the sky, you see millions of purple bell-shaped flowers fluttering in the wind. Some of them gently floating down, falling onto your cheeks and in your hair. The dark, black bark of the tree is sturdy and its long fingers extend out dripping with hundreds of blossoms like thick, sweet honey oozing from every pore. All around you, the sounds of spring brighten the air and the scent of lush green grass teases your nostrils playfully. Today, nature smiles with you…
Share:

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © chocolate filled, sugar coated, chillie flavoured bon-bons | Powered by Blogger

Design by ThemePacific | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20