'welcome to my parlor' said the spider to the fly...

Thursday, September 07, 2006

and now… for the looong overdue birthday update!

before i begin anything, i’d just like to send one humungo thank you to each and every person who contributed to my day in some way or another… you really made it amazingly special!

so… the big 2-1!! and my was is a big 2-1!!

it all began, oh best beloved, on wednesday morning outside oriel house (my residence/hostel) with a breakfast picnic at 8am. steph, jonno, sam and me-self sat and ate… and ate… and ate…ba surprised me and organized a few platters that sam picked up from pick ‘n pay, which included sandwiches, muffins and some awesome mouse-cup things… mmm yummy!

in the afternoon, sam and i went for lunch at gino’s where i had me favourite pizza – sundried tomato, olive and feta!!! i cannot begin to tell you how much i love love love that pizza!

in the evening, i went to meena mami’s, and ajima (grandmom), ajabapu (granddad), masiba, both mama’s and mami’s and the kids – priyanka and trisha were all there to have supper and open… wait for it… (drumroll…) 21 presents!! it was the coolest and sweetest thing! and i got some really awesome prezzies too!

and after that… sam, kish, steph, jonno and meself went out dancing to friars!

all in all – an amazing day, filled with lots of love – definitely one i’ll cherish for a long long time to come.

but wait… it doesn’t end there!!!

on thursday, left for joburg, and was thoroughly spoilt by my parents… here’s the cleft-notes version, or i’ll be here for years!

  • thursday: room decorated with purple balloons, and a ginormous bunch of flowers!
  • friday: woke up at crazy ass 5am… actually, at 5:30am! for a beautiful havan performed by my hero… mahendra bhai! i don’t want to single out any event, but the havan was simply marv! i couldn’t have asked for more! then, at about 1-ish, ba blindfolded me and took me to an amazing day spa, where i had a chololate body wrap! yummy! but, friday didn’t end there! in the evening, me folks, the wonderful folks that they are, booked out a vip lounge in monsoon lagoon at emperors palace in joburg! it was mind-blowing!!! had an awesome time with anj-bhen, j-b, sue bhen, pinto banevi, damoo, nischol, edwin and sam!! check out http://www.monsoonlagoon.co.za/.
  • saturday morning was a tad sad! ha ha! mind you – depends on whose perspective that’s from! let me say that i was just a bit ‘fragile’!! tee hee! in the afternoon, went for lunch with sam’s sister, and after that, (got blindfolded again!!) was taken to the lemongrass – an amazing indonesian-dutch restaurant in benoni. i can’t begin to explain all the emotions that overwhelmed me… practically my entire family was there to share with me in this special moment. for once in my life – i was totally speechless!!
  • sunday morning… early early, i began my trek back to g’town. and so, a very special, very sentimental weekend came to a close.

please feel free to have a squizz at my pics of the breakfast and the weekend at www.photos.yahoo.com/ykunvar.

Share:

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © chocolate filled, sugar coated, chillie flavoured bon-bons | Powered by Blogger

Design by ThemePacific | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20